Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A few things I've learned

So, Friday night and Saturday were pretty rough. I was pretty emotional, but I don't think I let it show much. I know I was quiet and distant, but Brad was very patient with me and just let me deal with it all. He did give me great encouraging words, and still is. Friday night he told me that I should read Philippians. There are very challenging words in those four chapters. I've decided to re read it over and over and over. There are too many things in there that I still need to learn and put into practice.
So, with this whole job thing...
I'm working hard trying to get my resume out and set up interviews and such, but it's a slow process. My first concern about that isn't whether I can find a job or not, it's whether I can find a job that I liked as much as what I just had. I don't want to drive to other side of Mobile either. I've been miserable before and I don't want that again. But I have prayed that if there is a specific place He wants me, and it's not my ideal job, that He'll give me the grace to handle it. I know that everything doesn't revolve around me, but I also know that to seek happiness isn't always a selfish venture. There's a balance and I believe it comes from motive and attitude. I understand that God wants me somewhere else. I still have no clue where, so I am praying for direction and discernment.
I need to use this as a great learning opportunity. On Saturday when I was leaving the campus from cleaning out my desk, the thought occurred to me that in all things God is seeking to teach us. I said out loud, "This is not how I want to learn a lesson of faith." Oh well. I'm learning it anyway! And now I'm learning with joy and expectation. I'm beginning to look forward to what happens next. Yeah, I'm nervous because job seeking just makes me nervous. You know...the whole interviewing and follow up calls and waiting for "the phone call" just make me nervous. 
Well, I had a lot more to say today, but now my mind is wandering in a bunch of directions and I need to get ready to be somewhere. I'll be back later when the words occur to me again.

1 comment:

Teresa Persons said...

You are so incredibly dear and it's so obvious God is working out all of this for YOUR GOOD. Remember, I'M HERE...DAY OR NIGHT.
AML,
Proud to be your Mom