Thursday, May 29, 2008

Movie review/workout/it's hot.

I finally watched Juno last night. I really liked it! Ellen Page is adorable, I must say. Anytime a movie's or tv show's plot includes premarital sex, the radar starts to buzz. Obviously it's because I have a conviction about it that it's not the right thing to do (for many reasons). Lots of times it's viewed as something that's not that big of a deal; like daily life, you know? What I did like about Juno is that it proved this crucial point: It only takes one time to conceive. It baffles me that a married couple who wants a baby so bad can try to conceive a baby for years to no avail, yet for some couples it only takes once. I also liked the part about the baby having fingernails. I don't think that was what initially drove Juno to decide not to abort, but it did give the thought that she's not just carried a group of cells but a life. I thought that was cool. Anyway, I'm not going to pick the movie apart and tell you what I thought or if I approved or disapproved. I thought the movie was well written, had an excellent cast and I kinda teared up at the end. Oh, and I think my favorite character was Brenda, Juno's step mom. She was boss.
After watching the movie, I went to the gym for some cardiovascular exercise. I thought the elliptical trainer was best for this at the time. I slept like a rock last night.

Today I'm going to lift weights for lower body then meet up with a friend for espresso later on. There's a new coffee shop in downtown that I've heard a lot about so we're gonna hit that one up.

It's getting hot outside. Real HOT. Summer's here everyone. I guess thanks to global warming our planet's weather is a bit off, however thankfully the south eastern region of the US actually got to enjoy what's called Spring this year. I liked it.

No comments: