Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Peanut-Butter-Jelly-and-a-Basball-Bat!!!



I really like peanut butter. I find myself craving it like I would normally crave chocolate. I still get those urges for chocolate, but I also get it for the PB. I don't really like JIF or Peter Pan, I like Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter. I love the minute grainy texture of natural pb as opposed to the thick, waxy texture of processed. I think the flavor is better too in the natural state. Look at the ingredients: peanuts, salt. Simple, enough.
I put pb in my oatmeal. I put it on toast and top with a slice banana. I'll dip apple slices in it. I'll make a graham cracker sandwich with it (haven't done that in a while...). I'm also an advocate for the famous pb & j. I love some good multi grain bread, toasted, then paired with pb and blackberry preserves. I have been using the sugar free Smucker's version of preserves and they're not bad.
All of those are tasty ways to get this healthy fat in the system. It's really difficult to stay within the service size of 2 tablespoons. I do it, though.

No comments: